Broadening Participation Of Underrepresented Groups
Examples of Activities
- Establish research and education collaborations with students and/or faculty who are members of underrepresented groups.
- Include students from underrepresented groups as participants in the proposed research and education activities.
- Establish research and education collaborations with students and faculty from non-Ph.D.-granting institutions and those serving underrepresented groups.
- Make campus visits and presentations at institutions that serve underrepresented groups.
- Establish research and education collaborations with faculty and students at community colleges, colleges for women, undergraduate institutions, and EPSCoR institutions.
- Mentor early-career scientists and engineers from underrepresented groups who are submitting NSF proposals.
- Participate in developing new approaches (e.g., use of information technology and connectivity) to engage underserved individuals, groups, and communities in science and engineering.
- Participate in conferences, workshops and field activities where diversity is a priority.