Enhance Infrastructure for Research and Education
Examples of Activities
- Identify and establish collaborations between disciplines and institutions, among the U.S. academic institutions, industry and government and with international partners.
- Stimulate and support the development and dissemination of next-generation instrumentation, multi-user facilities, and other shared research and education platforms.
- Maintain, operate and modernize shared research and education infrastructure, including facilities and science and technology centers and engineering research centers.
- Upgrade the computation and computing infrastructure, including advanced computing resources and new types of information tools (e.g., large databases, networks and associated systems, and digital libraries).
- Develop activities that ensure that multi-user facilities are sites of research and mentoring for large numbers of science and engineering students.